What is Culture?
People and organisations are creatures of habit and changing habits are much harder than changing structures or systems. Between business plans and reality, lie years of habits, customs, vested interests, unwritten rules, the way we do things around here ... in short the corporate culture.
Culture can be defined as:
- The observable differences in the activities and expressions of people and organisations
- The parameters, behaviours and values that an organisation expresses externally and internally
- A learned and shared way of interacting with both internal and external customers
Why Change Culture?
The culture of an organisation has a direct impact on the behaviours of employees and managers. Your organisational culture can not only stop your change effort dead in its tracks, it can also propel it to great heights. When values and beliefs are shared by a group of people, they become a powerful set of unwritten "rules" that guide daily decisions and actions. Building a positive organisational culture will create a launching pad for new initiatives aimed at improving your business.
Jump Business Solutions works with clients to:
- Reduce Conflict and Build Cooperation
- Develop Commitment to the Organisation and it's Values
- Manage Change and Align Expectations
Get in Touch with Jump
Contact Jump Business Solutions on free phone +64 6 754 8987 or +64 27 450 5271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you create a workplace culture that supports your organisation's values and goals.
The contents of this website are for general informational purposes only, and should not be acted upon without specific advice. Jump Business Solutions does not accept any liability, other than to its clients, and then only in relation to specific requests for advice and consultancy. Site Design & Photography by Wheadon Creative